Monday, January 21, 2013

A "Pin"teresting November-Part 1-Food

In November I decided to focus on doing new projects.  I hosted a party early in the month and used some of my pins to make food for my guests. Pumpkin was my theme for the majority of the foods that I made.


Caprese Pops

Pumpkin Fluff Dip, Pumpkin Muffins, and Pumpkin Brownies


For the muffins, I used spice cake mix instead of yellow.  The brownies were made with a box of brownie mix and a can of pumpkin.  I also made pumpkin hot chocolate (not pictured).

Having a three year old means eating pizza once a week.  Instead of always placing a delivery order, I wanted to make our own pizza at home.  I found this quick and easy recipe and it uses Greek yogurt!  With one large container of Greek yogurt, I made dough for three crusts.  I added some garlic and Italian seasoning to the crust as well.  I also found a very simple sauce recipe.  We then made it into an Angry Bird Pizza (no picture, unfortunately and I got the idea from Pinterest but the link no longer works).

2 extra crusts for the freezer!  Wrapped in plastic wrap first then plastic bag with cooking instructions.  The dough is very sticky and after thawing requires extra flour to roll it out.
I may be a SAHM but that doesn't mean my days are full of hanging around the house doing nothing. I still need quick and easy meals to prepare for my family.  One dish meals are great.  I can work on prepping them a little at a time during the day then pop them in the oven when It's time to eat. 
Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
My note for next time is to add more chicken than what it calls for but otherwise it was a yummy one dish meal!

I made this yummy popcorn snack thinking our son would love it, popcorn + marshmallows, 2 of his favorite things.  He wouldn't even try it.  But I loved it!  Need to make more of the topping next time though.
Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn

And the final food item for the month was cinnamon bun waffles.  I made these on Thanksgiving morning.  Super easy waffles using cinnamon buns from the refrigerated food section. They don't come out perfectly shaped but who cares?  They have icing!
Cinnamon Bun Waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment