Monday, February 13, 2012

"Hand"-made Valentine's Day



I feel it is important for Derek to give hand-made gifts, especially at his age. They are more appreciated than something that I inevitably picked out at the store and signed his name to.  While Bryan and I don’t make it a habit to actually celebrate Valentine’s Day, we still want Derek to know it is a day to celebrate friendship and love.  So we went to work on his Valentine’s!
The main gift was a handprint heart that he made using a pink and a red handprint.  This of course required help from Mommy.  (idea from pinterest)  
Final Product

Messy Hands!!!


He also made cards for everyone in the family and his daycare teacher.  He used foam stickers and markers.  When working with the stickers, he wanted to know what all of the words said and he made sure that he put all of the purple hearts on Mommy’s card since he knows it’s my favorite color.



I made bookmarks for the students in my class. I used paint swatches and stamped a heart in each block, then attached a ribbon to the top.  The original design called for a heart shaped punch but I couldn’t find mine. (idea also from pinterest)


My final project for this weekend was actually the first one I made.  Our anniversary was February 10.  We celebrated 11 years together. Bryan loves martinis and olives so I saw this idea in a magazine for this card and decided it was perfect to make for this occasion.



2 comments:

  1. Love the paint swatch bookmarks. So Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The kids liked them because I made them. First graders are so easy! ha!

      Delete