Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mother's Day Project by Derek


I was trying to come up with something that Derek could create for Mother’s Day.  For gifts in the past, he has created ornaments, picture frames, magnets, and of course cards.  One of my project books included ways to keep your child’s artwork.  Children create so many things in their lifetime it is challenging to keep everything and it is heartbreaking to throw it away. 

I decided to use one of the ideas to create an art book for each of his grandmothers for Mother’s Day.  I simply stapled together four, gallon sized Ziploc bags.  Inside each bag I placed a piece of his artwork.  On the back of each piece, I included a picture of him creating it, the date, and what materials he used.  Each grandmother will get 3 pieces of artwork that he created himself all using a different medium.  I know that they will appreciate this wonderful gift from their grandson!
Cover

inside cover



No comments:

Post a Comment